Sunday, February 22, 2009
Pinoy Scrapbookers Challenge Kaya 22
Kaya 22 - Stitch Me A Song
It’s February…and you know it! Love is in the air, love is everywhere…and this month’s challenge is all about that. So whatever or whoever your love may be, I challenge you to make a layout about your love and a song [you can combine up to 3 songs] associated to your love using the following requirements:
1) Type & Size - traditional 12x12 or 8.5x11
2) Title - use song title or a favorite phrase from the song(s) you choose
3) Journaling - use the entire song or part(s) of the song(s) you like best because it's/they're the most meaningful to you.
4) Please use a new layout specifically made for this challenge. After all, I’m sure your goal for this year is to make as many layouts as you can!
5) Use of stitches – hand or machine made [nope, no drawings or rub-ons, please] and must be a very visible part of the layout.
6) In your post, briefly describe why you chose that song/s. You may also want to add a link as to where we can listen for your song/s [some of us might not be familiar with the songs you choose].
I know the 5th one might be a killer because real stitching takes a LOT of time, but hey, look at it this way… if you finish one, you have in your possession a unique layout using the technique of stitching. Who knows, you might love it and make it your own style! Don’t fret, I, too, was challenged!
Since I am also a digital scrapper, I don't want digital scrapbookers to miss out on this one! Therefore, Digi-PS Members, I am also challenging you to join. Same requirements [except for the real stitches, of course, of course].
Deadline for this challenge is February 28, 2009 12:00 midnight Philippine Time. One lucky traditional and digital scrapbooker will be randomly picked by draw.
My response to the challenge:
You are the Sunshine of my Life
My hubby and I really like this song. We used to sing it together even during our honeymoon. Unfortunately we lost the CD, waaaah I feel sooo bad….
click photo for larger view
You are the sunshine of my life
That’s why I’ll always be around
You are the apple of my eye
Forever you’ll stay in my heart…
Valentine Chocolate Kit by CaysCreation Designs.